The next time you utter "I want" Stop yourself and first say, "I'm grateful"...

"A woman displaced from her home looks out over a camp for internally displaced people. Fifteen months ago, when the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia came to Mogadishu, backed by thousands of Ethiopian troops, it was widely hailed as the best chance in years to end Somalia's ceaseless cycles of war, chaos and suffering. This week, amid renewed fighting, a top government official said, "I feel this slipping away."" In The New York Times this week. The next time you utter "I want...." Stop yourself and say, "I'm grateful". What you see in the picture are many displaced people who live in cardboard huts. "Aid organizations say that more than half of Mogadishu's estimated one million people are on the run."
Photo: Jehad Nga for The New York Times

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Next stop for Dade grad with palsy: Harvard