The Secret

The Secret

It seemed in the past that as I was getting ready to leave for an appointment, dinner engagement, or some other social occasion, time seemed to be on fast-forward. As I prepared myself for my departure, all sorts of interruptions occurred; phone calls, an unexpected visitor, or unrelated questions from my husband. I am a prompt person and these interruptions put pressure on me during these times. I felt rushed, anxious, nervous, and out of sorts, and yes, I was usually late.

After reading excerpts from, The Secret, I realized that all I needed to do was to take three or four slow breaths and while doing this, say to myself, “ I will have all the time I need.” It is magic. Each time I have done this, time seems to have slowed, or even stopped. I no longer feel pressure, the interruptions continue to occur, but I have no problem now, because I believe I will have the right amount of time to be on time.

Comments

Liked your post. I figure it works with everything, not just time. " I will have all the ____ I need."
Bob Decker said…
This is so true. I have found myself getting crazy at times. It has really helped me to say "I have all the time I need". It's so easy to go into a negative trance and talk myself into a tizzy, thinking there is not time, I'd better hurry up or else....etc. Thanks for sharing,

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Next stop for Dade grad with palsy: Harvard