Posted by "Sailor Girl" The Hatchet

The Hatchet, a book on CD. It's a true story about a boy of 12 who survives a plan crash and lives for many months in the wilderness of Canada with only a small hatchet to help him survive. His desire to live and how he problem solved each tough task brought him through this situation until he was finally rescued. The most important thing he learned, was that feeling sorry for himself, crying and giving up, only left him in the same situation, with nothing accomplished. Even though he had many set backs and when he began to give up, he told himself, "giving up, crying, feeling sorry for myself, still leaves me in the same place without a solution." Now that young man had perseverance.
Paparazi you speak of Bob Decker's blog where he writes about failure, "self-doubt interfering with the process." Perhaps we don't follow through because of our motivation, we don't want it bad enough, as succeeding is not a matter of life and death, or with our Presidential candidates, the power, or as it was for the 12 year old boy living in the wilderness to survive.

Sailor Girl.................................Can't figure out how to put this on the blog, help please.

Comments

Sailor Girl, You are absolutely correct, we don't want it bad enough. Motivation, at least for most people is missing or it is at a very low level. I remember when I use to take bootcamp classes on the beach. I learned that I could do anything if I could do that. The motivation was to live through it and push myself just enough not to faint or worse, die. Seriously, different things motivate us. We just have to figure out what motivates ourselves. What motivates me is a sense of belonging, a sense of contribution to something greater than myself and, sad to say but money also motivates me a little. What motivates you?

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Next stop for Dade grad with palsy: Harvard