Talking Tree


The tree spoke and it said, "You know you are the calm space that you just felt. You know in the depth of your being that my energy is communicating with your energy. Certainly my body, this branch with leaves on it, waving before your body on the path is not talking to a human body. And my tree body is not listening to your organic, human body. Surely it is your mind that fears death. Your spirit may even fear death but that thought, that voice, that ear that is listening to me does not fear death. You are not in your body and you are not dead. You have never been more alive and aware than you are right now. You have known for many years that you and I are one. You are it and I am it. Remember? Humans can be so forgetful. You have been so close so many times in your life but you don't seem to be able to hang on to the calm space long enough to hear nothing and then hear everything."

I told the tree that I felt like I was dreaming, floating and non existent. I said, is this what it feels like to be dead? The tree bellowed, "This is what it feels like to be alive again!" I had no idea what he was talking about but I had a feeling he was going to be back talking to me again tomorrow morning. There is something about that path and that line of trees. They all seem to be trying to tell me something even when I don't feel like I am floating. It truly is my favorite place on earth so far. There is some energy there that knows my energy and it is healing.

Feeling the hard pavement below my left foot as it touched down, my next sensation was my right thigh feeling heavy and hard to lift. It was thick, heavy and I felt a pounding coursing through my entire body. What had just happened? I started to walk because I could not lift my legs to run. My chest was tight and I felt like someone hit me in the base of my neck right where it attaches to your chest. It was hard to swallow. I was thirsty. My face was on fire. I must have just had a heart attack, I thought. The more I walked the easier it became. I focused on the high canopy of tree limbs above where light and green flashed; and I looked over at the nearby bike path where the energy of a pack of bikers with ripped tight thighs and calves made me feel strong again. (This is total fiction, just part of a book I will write)... Let me know what you think so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Next stop for Dade grad with palsy: Harvard