My First Regression


Back in the 1980's my teacher, Dick Sutphen, used to make these really cool VCR tapes that could put you into an altered state very easily. You could look at the psychedelic graphics and get drawn right into your TV screen. While this was happening he would be doing a hypnotic induction, followed by positive suggestions. Underneath all this were subliminal suggestions relating to the goal of the tape (pscyhic ability, chakra balancing, etc.).

One spring night I got the chance to meet him. He was at a local bookstore doing a one-night workshop on hypnosis. Dick is a tall, athletic individual in his mid 60's. He has a dynamic energy about him and conveys complete self-confidence when you meet him. In the 80's he was famous for taking hotel ballrooms full of people and regressing them back to past lives.

I was very impressed with the workshop. He was there to promote his weekend seminar which was slated for the following morning. I was intrigued and decided to look at one of his fliers,
even though I was sure I couldn't afford it. I was surprised that he was only asking for 149.00 for the weekend.

At that time in my life (May of 2002) this was still a lot of money. I was pretty much just getting by on my salary as a telemarketer and was doing some tarot readings on the side. But I felt so strongly drawn to do this. I went home that night and told my Barbara, "I don't know how I'm going to afford it, but I'm going to that seminar tomorrow. I'll just put it on my Mastercard and figure out later how to take care of it". She wasn't interested in going, but told me to do what I felt was best.

The next morning I arrived early at the hotel where the seminar was to take place. I was greeted warmly by Dick and his wife Tara. They gave me a name tag and a waiver to sign.

As I read the waiver I got goose pimples and my hair almost stood on end when I got to the words "age regression". I didn't know why, but this bothered me. But I really wanted to do it so I signed the thing and went and took my seat.

Dick spoke for a while about karma and past life regression. He hypnotized us and we did some visualization exercises and a past life regression.

I don't really remember the past life regression. But what we did next I will never forget.

Dick told us he was going to give us the opportunity to explore the cause of a problem or issue in our lives. It could be from this life or a past life.

Now I was aware of the fact that there was some sort of issue with my heart chakra. I had feelings stirring around inside there that I really couldn't put a finger on. A psychic friend of mine had told me there was something there so painful that the only I could be living with was to have stuffed it so deep I could no longer feel it.

I decided this would be the perfect opportunity to explore this. I was uneasy with looking at this "whatever it was" but wanted to resolve it once and for all.

So after Dick induced hypnosis he directed us to go through an imaginary time tunnel and to stay in touch with this feeling or issue as we headed for the exit to the tunnel. He told us we would come to the source of issue, whether it was in this life or a past life.

At his count of five I came out of the tunnel. I was standing in the basement of my childhood home in Livonia, Michigan. It was a beautiful summer day in 1967. I could see the light streaming through the basement window before me, the color of the floor tiles, the furnace against the wall, my father's workbench, everything was so vivid. And I could see my mother. And she was pissed.

I don't know exactly what I did that day at the age of nine to piss her off. Maybe I asked for a popsicle at the wrong tme. But she was red in the face and screaming at me.

"You're a no good son of bitch, shit eating asshole....." She went on and on.

I was paralyzed. I couldn't run from her because I knew I'd get a real beating if I did. I couldn't bear to hear what she was saying to me.

And in that seminar room that morning I experienced that pain I had stuffed for so many years. It started in my chest and spread out to entirely consume me.

It felt like my soul was trying to exit out the top of my head to escape this. I totally choked up, tears streaming down my face.

When Dick emerged us from the altered state he looked at me(as was everyone else) and said " you had a very powerful experience, Robert, would you mind sharing with the group"?

I shared my experience and he told me I would experience some more powerful stuff that weekend and that we would do a process before it was all over that I would really like. He kept his word.

The last process we did that weekend was on Sunday afternoon. Dick led us through an altered state session where we ascended a set of stairs. At the top of the stairs we were told was a spiritual guide glowing with white light. Upon arriving there we could speak with the guide and have insight into our past, present and future. We would also have the opportunity to forgive ourselves and others.

I wound up being bathed in white light, linking hands with my father (in Spirit since 1990) and my mother. I forgave them for all the things that had happened in my childhood. This was a lot as I come from a dysfunctional family where there was alcoholism and physical violence between my parents.

I left that seminar with my heart feeling raw and my crown chakra blasted wide open. I was on a spiritual high for three days afterwards.

The effects were permanent. I gave up a huge chunk of rage and pain that I had been carrying for many years. My whole life shifted for the better from that point onward. I was more connected to my inner spiritual source and felt calmer inside. Despite the pain, I would not trade this experience for anything in this world.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Instantly help someone in need and discover your power to change a life.