Free to be grateful

I know it sounds corny, but I have a lot to grateful for. I have a loving, supportive life partner who is always there for me. I live in a paid for home in a nice neighborhood. We have a small lake in our backyard and a half mile down the road is a bigger lake with a jogging trail. I go there everyday and enjoy the natural beauty that awaits me. There's kingfishers, egrets, ducks, all sorts of trees and greenery.

I work in my field of choice helping others and getting paid good money to do it. Sure it has it's slow times, I was getting kind of grumpy earlier this week because nothing much has been happening and I spent a lot of money in Las Vegas in October...hey, I actually got to go on vacation with the love of my life and some of her family. I spent some money I don't have and went out and bought some video equipment to blog with and make promotional videos. With that and my vacation I'm a little in the hole. But so what? There's people in a really bad way financially. I encounter these folks often, and I'm glad not to have their problems and issues.

I'm healthy and physically strong. I'm not an Olympic athlete. I do whatever I need to be able to do around the house or office without any trouble, I have more than enough energy to enjoy whatever I choose to be involved in. A lot of people can't walk or even get out of bed. They'd probably give just about anything to do what I can do on my worst days.

I'm surrounded by loving people, co-workers and clients who sincerely appreciate me and let me know how they feel. I work in a loving, supportive environment doing what I love to do. It wasn't always that way. I spent years in jobs that were meaningless and paid the bills. Now I'm free to be me.

And despite the real and scary problems we face in this country now, it is a free country. I don't have to go through an iron curtain or wall to travel where I want to go. I'm free to follow my spiritual beliefs. People may or may not like my beliefs, but no one is going to toss me jail for believing or not believing a certain way.

I could go on and on.I won't because I feel good at this point about writing this and I think I made my point. Now it's you're turn to think about what you have instead of fearing what's going to be taken from you or what you may lose. If you really look at what you have instead of what you don't have you may be pleasantly surprised.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Next stop for Dade grad with palsy: Harvard