Blogging

Blogging is fairly new to me. I am not sure I even do it like I should. I've been posting my comments, thougths, and sometimes the events of the day and most of the time I see responses in my personal email in box. This leads me to believe that it is not an easy process to leave a comment here on this blogger.com site. Then again, perhaps there is another reason why not too many of you write comments or write a page once in awhile.

To those of you who have taken the time to flex your creative mind and tap out your thoughts, as well as shared a personal part of yourself with all who come here and read, thank you. Sharing what you write is difficult to do. Prior to writing this blog, I rarely ever shared anything that I ever wrote with anyone, except for the obligatory "Thank you" note. And that really doesn't count. A few years ago I wrote a long letter to a relative and they wrote back stating that I should write for a living. Needless to say, my ego was fed and it did inspire me to go out into the open and write; but, some other place in my mind did not believe that I could write and that other place in my mind believed that the source of the compliment was not a good one at all. It was like writing a "Thank you" note,it didn't count as writing and their note did not count as a worthy compliment.

We do this to ourselves. We may have all the confidence in the world in our ability to do 80% of what we do; but, there is that 20% that we just don't apply what we normally do in the other 80%. It's as if our brain has a virus that is eating away at the 80% of the active, positive, productive hard data..... are you following me?

So, what do we do? Dare I say: affirmations? Past life regression? Prayer? Counseling? Anthony Robbins event? Or, is there another method to stop the 20% from corrupting the 80% that is all good in your head? We ALL have an area where we are continuing the same pattern over and over....Today I told someone very close to me, just apply what you use when you are totally confident, totally in the flow to the 20% part of you that you feel uncertain. I could take some of my own advice. If you are reading this and you love to write, or even like to write, would you please share with all of us. Write about your 20% and how you are going to change the way you think about what you get stuck on in your life, better yet, write about anything. If you can not post it here, email me at: robynrae@bellsouth.net and I will be very happy to post it for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Next stop for Dade grad with palsy: Harvard