Today Om wrote........"A Seperate Reality"

Like many of you, I am on the receiving end of 'daily' emailed messages. 'Daily Om' is one of my favorites. Usually I scan over the email looking for key phrases to see if the entire page is worth the full read and this morning it was. It is about being disconnected from the Universe. I kept reading because I wasn't sure I agreed with the author that one could become disconnected. As I read on, I realized exactly where the author was going a gave them a thumbs up. The numb feeling, the everything is a blur sensation, the autopilot feeling is the disconnect. The solution to the disconnect problem is the best part of the article, the author wrote: 'You may also want to make a list of the activities and kinds of experiences that touch your soul. Try to pinpoint the times when you have felt fully engaged and aware and ask yourself what you were doing.' I might have added, do it. Do it now.
Frankly, I know there are a lot of numb people, and as the author suggests, disconnected people;but, I don't believe we can possibly ever become disconnected from the Universe, from the Matrix of energy and potential, perhaps when we go numb, we are just in kind of like a screen saver mode.
There have been zillions of fully engaged and aware times but I would have to say the most memorable were skydiving, learning to make ceviche and watching a little girl interact with our dog Buddha. How about you?
Love and Light to all!
If you are interested in signing up to receive Daily Om, click on the title of today's post and you will be linked.

Comments

Bob Decker said…
How true, Robyn. Disassociation (that feeling of being disconnected and watching our life instead of living it) robs us of so much of the depth of experience. My hypnosis teacher, Dick Sutphen, puts a lot of emphasis on aliveness and finding new challenges. To me to seek that is better than accepting a sterile (and dead) sense of security. Thanks so much for sharing this.

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Next stop for Dade grad with palsy: Harvard