What is Happiness


Today's card is the Nine of Cups. It's entitled "Happiness" and is attributed to Jupiter in Pisces.

This card has come up recently in some of my blogs, which means it wants to tell me something. It certainly a card of blessing. Jupiter is a planet of expansion and prosperity, while Pisces is a Water sign ruled by Jupiter, which means Jupiter is right at home.

Much has been written about the "pursuit of happiness". Many people pursue material wealth and an extensive amount of possessions as a means of acquiring happiness. Others believe if they could only find the perfect mate they would have dreams fulfilled.

I've come to the conclusion that happiness isn't a goal that can be pursued in and of itself. It's the byproduct of following our True Will.

This "True Will" is the same thing as our purpose in life. This in turn ties in with our innate talents and our inner spirit. Expressing this upon the earth is what will bring us happiness.

I'm speaking from experience on this. I've had periods in my life where I was making good money and was feeling depressed. What I was doing to make money was not in alignment with my spirituality and who I really am. I've looked for happiness in altered states of consciousness and that didn't work either.

It's in being in touch with myself and expressing that which I am that brings me joy and fulfillment. There is no "one size fits all" solution to this question. What are you really all about?

Comments

Thanks for your post. I love the 9of cups. I have to clarify something- Some of my most happy moments were when I was making sick amounts of money. What you were saying I think was, do what makes you happy, do it well and a lot and then all the riches will flow, the spiritual and physical in equal amounts. That is my take on it anyway.

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Next stop for Dade grad with palsy: Harvard