Crayons



Dear Universe,
Thank you for your messages today. They were simple but obviously very important because you gave me three chances to take action. The first message you sent was brilliant and thankfully easy for me to understand. Early this morning, I was drawn to a particular chapter in a book on my nightstand. As you know, the text was about the use of crayons to get in touch with childhood dreams that had been long forgotten. I loved the idea and had good intentions to follow through today and find some crayons. Then, the day turned to night and before I knew it, it was 9:00 and I found myself opening an email which by the way was a freaky second message. The email was from a friend in Chicago and it had a dozen attachments of masterpieces drawn with, well, you know, crayons. WOW! I was so excited that I started writing you a letter and posting it in this blog. As I was typing the final line of my letter, everything went blank and nothing was saved. I do recall that the last line I had typed was close to the following, "I promise to find crayons now and find my dreams." When the computer screen when blank I must admit I was a little scared. Immediately I found a drawing pad and a box of crayons my niece and nephew had left behind on a recent visit and went to work. I pulled out the colors that seemed to scream "pick me!" I rubbed them and rolled them in the palm of my hands, closed my eyes and brought them up to my nose and inhaled that one of a kind crayola smell and began to remember many childhood dreams. Thank you for your clear and purposeful messages today, Love and gratitude, Robyn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Next stop for Dade grad with palsy: Harvard