Break Through


I’m the dog walker in my family. Buddha and I walk in the morning and in the afternoon on a route and we rarely deviate from our course. A funny thing happened today. This afternoon instead of going around our usual cull de sac,keeping on the sidewalk- we kept walking straight through a 6’ ficus hedge and popped out in another neighborhood. Buddha looked at me like I was Houdini and I had just walked through a green wall.

The simple act of going through the bushes was nothing really;but, the look on Buddha’s face made it something fun. Jumping in front of me rearing back on his two hind legs, he was crazy. “Wow! You are amazing! How did you do that? Do it again!” I had to find another ficus hedge just to break through to the other side once again. Both of us giggling and smiling we walked the rest of the way home feeling like we had shared something special.

Comments

La Escondida said…
this is a love affair.

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Next stop for Dade grad with palsy: Harvard