So, I'm not gonna lie

"So, I'm not gonna lie", I said, followed by, "I'm really hungry." I'd been talking on the phone with "O" my diet buddy. My other diet buddy, the one I live with had a lunch meeting today and the thought of him eating was simply too painful. Every time I let myself think about it I imagined him eating some big crunchy, salad bursting with flavorful dried cranberries, nuts, seeds, sprouts, carrots, eggs, cheese, and blackened ocean life, it make me so hungry that I felt queasy and jealous.

You see I'm doing this two day fast followed by a 5 day meal replacement with protein shakes and one lunch and a few almonds each day. I started down this familiar path on Sunday, just five days ago. I must say, the program is working. I've really been cleaning my pipes and I lost seven pounds already. So, I can't lie, get it? I'm not full of crap anymore. I've had tons of energy as well. I've made it to the gym three times, rollerbladed, and walked an hour four out of the five days. Honest. I want to exaggerate but I can't.

Comments

La Escondida said…
That's what I'm going through right now. I slowly re-introduced fresh produce back to my diet (I did a straight fast for 36 hours probably), but I also had soccer practice on Thursday and Friday night. Not smart on my part...you shouldn't be exercising if you are cleansing. Heather and I are getting a blender on Monday so we can have smoothies, YUM! And I can finally use that protein powder you sent me....I can't wait! It is not cleaning me out as much as I thought it would though...HELP!

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Next stop for Dade grad with palsy: Harvard