You know more than you think

This week I attended a day long seminar in Boca and I didn’t learn anything new. It was an 8 hour reminder of what I know. Why did I stay? Hum. I always try to find the good in all things, especially when I spend my time and money on something that I expect to wow me so that’s why I stayed. I kept waiting with one eye on the door and one ear on the presenter hoping to learn something new. This event gets two thumbs down. I was impatient and bored with both the material and presenters. For those of you who love these people- good for you. I for one want my money and time back.

I’m referring to Ester and Jerry Hicks. Ester Hicks channels a group of souls known as Abraham. Abraham speaks through Ester and imparts wisdom to the masses. At the tune of $195/ person at 400 people in the room, I’d say Ester was doing quite fine with the Abraham connection. Add in the sales from her books, CD’s and the taped event, I did some quick calculations and figured they grossed over $100K. I’m all about making money and the Abraham Hicks group has figured out the key to their personal abundance. Abraham is a gold mine. I don't understand why more people haven't contacted the group and gone on tour. It’s just a thought.

Maybe what really bothered me is that it seemed like all the people in the room bought into the “show”. The material is not new. The man sitting next to me asked how many seminars had I been to and I told him this was my first with Ester Hicks. Proudly he told me this was his 5th. I didn’t say it out loud but I was thinking, how many times do you need to hear the same thing over buddy? I told him when I was growing up my mother taught me all the stuff that Abraham was channeling through Ester. He shot me a look that screamed, “Impossible!” If he could read my mind- he would have moved away from me. Please, they aren’t so special and this idol worship they are receiving from the entire room freaked me out and I don’t easily get freaked.

Bottom line, we all revisit places, people, events, information that we have grown past. I was there to be RE-minded over and over and over and over for 8 long hours, what you focus on will be drawn to you, your thoughts are forces, and spin old ideas with a new marketing gimmick if you want to draw the masses to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Next stop for Dade grad with palsy: Harvard