Cupid is a Latin Mother

One of the female YMCA members brought breakfast wrapped in foil, every morning for one of the male lifeguards and swooned over him. This behavior went on for days and finally, I looked at the guy in the pool next to me and whispered, “Why does she do that?” “She’s trying to recruit Hunt as her future son in law.” He laughed.

I’ll admit, on the surface, he would make a good son in law, tall, handsome, out going, nice, and respectful; but, there is no way I would bring him breakfast every morning and gush over him. It’s just strange.

Today when we filed into the pool at 7 AM and said our hellos to the young college age Hunt perched six feet up in his life guard chair, none of us imagined what was coming next.

The gate to the pool flew open crashing metal on metal and Lala the Hispanic want to be future mother-in-law thundered toward Hunt hotter than flaming hell salsa on a chetto chip. Like a freight train on a track she was unstoppable. She halted at the base of Hunts chair, throwing her red head back and drew her pointer finger at him and fired.

I wondered what Hunt had done to unleash such wrath. I wondered if he thought she looked ridiculous- her zinc covered face suddenly being swallowed by her wide red screaming lips. In her high pitched heavy Latin accent we heard her shriek, “Jew left mi daughter and never showed up!” Hunt threw up his hands and said, “I sent her a text. I had to work.”

Like a defense attorney, she fumed and again threw her verbal attack at the accused, “Mi hija was waiting for jew and jew never showed up! Jew are a horrible despicable man!” Then she turned to us the jury in the pool, “He was supposed to take my daughter, mi hija to ice cream and he didn’t come to the house!” “Don’t speak to him for a week!” “He is a very bad person.”

The jury moaned in unison, “Oh Hunt.”

Hunt pleaded his case, to us and Lala.

“I swear I had to work. I sent her a text that I was not going to be able to make it. I am innocent.” Lala had turned and started to walk away and to all of our surprise, she turned back to Hunt. She reached in to her big red beach bag and handed him his breakfast wrapped in foil.

I have changed the names to protect the innocent.... the picture of course is real.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Instantly help someone in need and discover your power to change a life.