Foreign Dreams

Last night, it was a clear and I knew I was dreaming while I was dreaming. Nevertheless, I was struggling to speak French in a French market. There was an unusually plump woman behind large baskets of produce who seemed to be in charge of the place. The smells of everything green and growing filled my nasal cavity. All I wanted was a bundle of scallions and some tomatoes and there were none. "Bonjour" I said to the woman. Smiling she replied, "Bonjour". "What would you like?" She said this in French but I couldn’t remember how to say what I wanted. And now, I have no idea how to say it let alone write it. Sadly most of the French I learned in grade school, high school and college has left the brain.


Back to the veggies, it is probably not important that I wanted scallions and tomatoes; but, it is important to note that I found it difficult to communicate what I wanted. Freud would be proud. So, I know what I want but I am in foreign territory trying to get something familiar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Next stop for Dade grad with palsy: Harvard