People are Funny


Yesterday, driving back from the Miami Airport with my in-laws, my Father-in-Law, aka Mother Teresa in pants looked at the phone my husband had just picked up to receive a business call and asked, “Is that a blueberry?” I couldn’t make eye contact with him when I answered, “It’s an IPhone.” Smiling I thought to myself, he’s just so adorable-blueberry, blackberry he was close.

Today in the local pool one of my favorite older ladies who’s husband just passed away watched as one of the swim coaches walked by with a large gray rectangle shaped box and asked, “Why does she bring that heater to the pool?’ Again, I found myself smiling. I thought, it does look like a heater; but, it’s a time clock. One of the other ladies in our water class filled her in.

Then there is my Mom. She can not say the word “Fajita” to save her soul. She’ll proudly say, “Let’s have Fra-Gee-Ta’s!” We’ve corrected her so many times now that we’ve given up. We just let her say it her way. We call it a Dori-ism.

I make up words all the time and my sense of direction is horrible. If you know me well, you know that I get lost often, and it’s worse with state of the art map applications and GPS. And forget about me getting out of Orlando. There have been several occasions where I have panicked because I could not get out of town. I know for a fact that there is something wrong with the road out of Orlando; it just circles round and round the greedy rat’s house. I won’t go there anymore by myself. Orlando and midgets are my two phobias.
We're all a bunch of characters if know what I mean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Instantly help someone in need and discover your power to change a life.