Chocolate is adictive and this is why

This morning during our walk, my neighbor Lori and I were talking about cravings. The only thing I want is chocolate and a cinnamon roll from Knaus Berry Farm in Homestead Florida but that’s for another blog post.

Lori said, “There must be something in chocolate that you’re not getting in your normal diet.” So, I wondered what it was. I decided to do a little research on what the heck is in chocolate besides the obvious because I am completely adicted to it.  Here's what I found out.
Dark chocolate contains the following mood altering compounds:

1. Caffeine – Naw, there is plenty of caffeine in my daily pot of Java.

2. Cannabinoids- A chemical that closely resembles the stuff in marijuana. It makes one feel euphoric and relaxed. Euphoria is good. Ding!

3. Phenylethylanine- A hallucinogen with properties similar to amphetamines (which are highly addictive) that produce feelings of mental alertness and wellbeing. Ding- Ding!

4. Flavonoids- Which are suppose to contribute to a healthy heart. They decrease cholesterol build-up in blood vessels and reduce the risk of blood clots.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Next stop for Dade grad with palsy: Harvard