Is It Possible?


Waking from my slumber, I find myself thinking about experiencing this existence without the belief in God, The Infinite, The Source, or “It” and this thought today has thrown me into an emotional abyss. One man says that he is an agnostic because he would not be so ignorant or naive to believe that he a human has the brain capability to prove or disprove the existence of a higher power or God. He is a very persuasive man with words that encouraged my mind to go numb. I soaked up the discourse like a thirsty hiker, throwing down a cold pitcher of beer at the end of a long journey.

Why do I choose to believe in a higher power when I can not prove its existence? The answer is not important. What is important is how life is enriched by the belief in a higher power even if it is an enigma. I ask you, how many Mothers have prayed to a higher power and found comfort in their son or daughter coming home safe? How many soldiers have prayed to a higher power for safety and for forgiveness? How many times have I had a friend call to ask me to send “white light” to them? Is it possible that you are God, you created all and you just have a really bad memory? It can not be proven nor disproved can it now.

Comments

Bob Decker said…
What you say is so true. I got sober almost twenty years ago by getting on my knees and asking my higher power to help me, for I could not help myself. And of course it worked. I don't care if people are skeptical, that their problem. My power lies in my inner spiritual experiences and no one can take that away from me.

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Next stop for Dade grad with palsy: Harvard