What makes you happy?


I love happiness. I want to know more so I signed up for an eight week online course with Dr. Robert Holden the author of "Be Happy". It is week three and the awareness is bringing "happiness" to greater levels in my life. I thought I would share some of the material with you.

When you wake tomorrow morning,on a scale of 1-10 decide how happy you will be. What would you like to be today? What would you like to give? What would you like to receive? What is the real work of your life? What is it that you want to work for? What is it that you want to do. As you think about the "more" that you really really want to be; what are the qualities that you would like to bring forth? What are the talents and strengths that you would surrender to and say yes to? What is the real "more" that you would like to be and give? If you were a better receiver what would you most like to receive, accept and enjoy? What would make you happier?

Comments

Bob Decker said…
One of my teachers shared a quote with me recently that I really like. "A man's as happy as he makes up his mind to be"-Abraham Lincoln. I really hold this to be true. It's a fundamental decisions we get to make everyday. We can orient ourselves towards being happy or find reasons to be miserable. Either way we exercise our freedom of choice, it's a matter of whether or not we choose to contract or expand our sense of self, of who and what we are. Thanks for continuing to post.

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Next stop for Dade grad with palsy: Harvard