Choose your career wisely

We are shaped by our careers. Each and every one of us is. I never realized how true that statement was until this morning in class with my swim mates.

One of the gray haired ladies was making her way from the shallow end of the pool to the deep end where Amy and I were pumping water weights and peddling our heavy water shoes in reverse with out touching the bottom. Wading toward us she questioned, “I can't do this. How are you two doing with this one?” Our voices bounced from the water to the incoming older woman’s ears. “Great!” We shouted sounding like an old “Tony the Tiger” commercial. The woman sloshed back to her side of the pool picked her feet off the bottom, struggling peddling and pumping the heavy water.

Amy, my swim mate turned toward me and quietly out of the side of her mouth she confessed,
“I wasn’t going to tell her that this was killing my hamstrings and that my biceps are totally shot.”

No shit I proclaimed, we’re in sales!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace Sign

A Positive Spin

Next stop for Dade grad with palsy: Harvard